Melbourne City Dermatology cares about the health and safety of patients, staff and our community. We would like to update you on some important information regarding COVID-19 (Corona virus) and prevention measures undertaken in our practice.
Our Response to COVID-19
With increasing concerns around novel corona virus (COVID-19), and escalating spread of the virus around the world, we would like to inform you of the measures we have put in place to protect the health and safety of our patients, employees, employee families and the wider community. Advice surrounding the Coronavirus is constantly evolving. We stay up to date and will adjust these measures whenever needed to help keep you safe.
- We ask you do not to come if you have cold/viral/flu symptoms, have had contact with known COVID 19, or have traveled overseas within the last 14 days. Please ring us to change your appointment and we will have extra times available to accommodate this change.
- Anyone who has travelled overseas within the last 14 days should be in self isolation at home.
- We ask you if possible to attend your appointment alone. Please do not bring family members or children to the practice to accompany you to a visit unless absolutely necessary.
- We ask you to sanitise your hands before entering. At the entrance of our practice you will find sanitiser. You will also find sanitiser at the reception desk and in the waiting room.
Within our practice you can rest assured that necessary hygiene measures are taken to reduce spread of infection.
Our staff will
- Wash or sanitise hands after every patient as per usual practice
- Sterilise equipment as per usual practice
- Wipe down the equipment with alcohol wipes and hospital grade disinfectant as per usual practice
- Not shake hands with you or others
- Minimise contact with partners, and others that attend with you
- Keep your time in the clinic to a minimum
- We have altered our scheduling to reduce the number of patients in our clinic at any one time,
- We have increased space between chairs in our waiting room to allow for appropriate social distancing
- We ask that you stand away from reception desk while discussing your visit or checking in and if possible use cashless payment method
- We have increased cleaning protocols for all non clinical areas and this includes doorhandles, eftpos machines, benches, light switches, furniture etc within our clinic.
- Our phototherapy machines are cleaned between all patients with hospital grade disinfectant
- We have removed magazines and toys from the waiting room
To reduce the risk of infection we have asked our staff to take special measures. They will
- Avoid international air travel and large crowds
- Avoid public transport
- Not come to work if they have cold/viral/flu symptoms, or if they came in contact with known COVID 19, or have traveled overseas within the last 14 days
Simple Measures We Can All Take To Help Prevent The Spread
- Wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds, use hand sanitiser when you don’t have access to a sink
- Stay at home if you are unwell
- Avoid touching your eyes, face and mouth
- Sneeze into a tissue or your elbow and cover your mouth if you need to cough, dispose of the tissue and wash your hands again
- Keep more distance when greeting family or friends
- Observe the updated government information about social distancing
- If you feel unwell, please call ahead to your GP and ask advice about testing for COVID 19 or ring the government COVID-19 triage hotline on 1800 020 080
We Understand These Are Uncertain Times, If You Have Any Questions Or Concerns Please Don’t Hesitate To Contact Our Reception Team